Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with document shift-page button with touchscreen inputs

Hi there,
I'm having an issue when moving from a page to the next one when viewing documents on mobile (i.e. using touchscreen input method): basically buttons works both when pressed and when released, that basically results in changing 2 pages on every touch.
If changing input method to keyboard, page shifts normally but, obviously, all other controls are messed up (too slow or need two taps to work).
Side note: menus with no document attached (Journal type set as "New Journal" and shifting between its pages) work as expected (page changes only at pressed and not at released), this issue happens only when journal type is "Display Active Document".
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

AC version 1.70.4, Unity 2019.3.1f1

Comments

• I'll attempt a recreation. Are you using Unity UI or AC to render the Menu? I'll also need to see a screenshot of your Menu's properties, as well as that of the ShiftButton element.

• edited February 2020

Hello Chris,

I am using AC to render all Menus.
    Here's a screenshot of Menu's Properties:

And this one of the shift button:

For your interest: I am using the script posted in this forum thread to have a different texture on each page. Anyway, removing it does not change anything, the issue persists.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• OK, thanks - I'll look into this.

• Recreated - though it actually occurs for me with all Buttons, not just those limited to this scenario.

I'll make some tweaks to the way menu input is handled on touch-screen in the form of a "touch down vs touch up" option for menu interaction.

• Thank you very much Chris, will wait for the update.