Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is it possible to increase number of AutoSaves?

Hi,

Just wondering if it's possible at all (or if there would be some cheeky workaround) to have more than one AutoSave per profile? I had an idea to fake this with having various profiles, and then the game switches them on the fly, to essentially have multiple AutoSaves. Not sure if that would be possible though.

Comments

• You can force-save the game into any slot using the Save: Save or load Action. You can use this to also assign a custom save label from a Global Variable - which could be a string named simply "Autosave".

• I've played around with all Save actions for good couple of hours. Every time I thought I finally found a solution, something broke.

I think what I'm trying to achieve is not really doable, because it seems that you can't just assign a specific number to a save, unless there's is enough of save already made?

What I mean is that you can't save on "Slot 5" if there's only 2 saves in the game, because a new save is always created on an incremented value of current number of save slots.

I wanted to have something like this:
    Slot 0 - Autosave
    Slot 1 - Autosave
    Slot 3 - Autosave

Slot 4 - Manual save
    Slot 5 - Manual save
    Slot 6 - Manual save

So if player selects Slot 5 to save, but there isn't any saves already in the game, then that save will be assigned to Slot 0. This means that if later game "forces" an autosave (through Save:Save or Load action) on Slot 0, then it will overwrite player's manual save.

I hope this makes sense and perhaps there is a way to work around this? It just seems that "forcing" a save will always mean "potentially overwriting player's manual save"?

• EDIT: I settled on a different system for saving the game, so I guess I won't need to do what's described above!

Would be curious to see if something like this would be achievable in theory, but I don't want Chris and other forum members to waste their time trying to solve this. Thanks!

• What I mean is that you can't save on "Slot 5" if there's only 2 saves in the game, because a new save is always created on an incremented value of current number of save slots.

I see what you mean. If a SavesList element has Fixed Save ID only? checked, then you can force loading/saving to a specific save ID. However, the same is not currently true for the Save: Save or load Action. I shall look into this.