Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue opening exported .csv file

Hi everyone,
AC 1.70.0 + Unity 2019.2.17f1 on a 2d game.

After the upgrade to 1.70.0 (from 1.69.0) I have a issue opening exported csv file. I open them with OpenOffice and, usually, I use as "separation" the option "Others" and the special character "|" and all is good, but after the upgrade it dosn't work. It seems that the special character is not exist but it was replaced by comma ",". But this is a problem because if I use comma also inside the text there are many commas and I have a lot of incorrect colums.
I tried with a saved version in 1.69.0 and there isn't the issue.

For me is a big issue because I can't open correctly the .csv file. How Can I solve in a hurry? I'm ready for translate the text but without the file I can't.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• See this excerpt from the v1.70 changelog:

Added: Ability to rely on standard CSV formatting via the AC Project Settings (Unity 2019.2 or later)

In Unity 2019.2, exported CSV files now adhere to the standard format - i.e. use commas to separate values. Values that contain commas already will be further separated by quotation marks.

You should now be able to open such files without having to set custom separation characters, but you can also revert to the "Legacy" CSV format in AC's new section in the Project Settings.

• Thank you, Chris.