Forum rules - please read before posting.

A feature that can searching for a particular action used in actionlist?

I know it is like asking for a really difficult feature. But is it doable that we can search for the instances of an Action being used? Like returning the Actionlist and the Action Number?

I understand it is a difficult feature, but if it is ever doable, it would be very helpful when changing some game logic with the need to replace an action by another.

Comments

• In what context? Which Action in particular are you searching for?

You can use the Actions Manager to get a Console output of all instances of a specific Action type (e.g. all Dialogue: Play speech) Actions.

You can also attach a Constant ID component to get a reference to all Actions that refer to it. For example, if you attach it to a Hotspot, you can click the Cog menu in the Constant ID component to find all e.g. Hotspot: Change interaction Actions that affect that specific Hotspot.

• You can use the Actions Manager to get a Console output of all instances of a specific Action type (e.g. all Dialogue: Play speech) Actions.

You can also attach a Constant ID component to get a reference to all Actions that refer to it. For example, if you attach it to a Hotspot, you can click the Cog menu in the Constant ID component to find all e.g. Hotspot: Change interaction Actions that affect that specific Hotspot.

This sounds like exactly what I need. But how may I do it? Is it a new feature in AC1.70?

• The former has long been a stable feature of the Actions Manager. The latter was introduced in v1.70.0, yes.

• edited January 2020

I am sorry but I failed to find out where and how to use it... Could you please give me some hint?

• edited January 2020

For which one?

• This one as I am still using AC1.69.4. Thanks

You can use the Actions Manager to get a Console output of all instances of a specific Action type (e.g. all Dialogue: Play speech) Actions.

• Open up the Actions Manager tab and navigate the "Action categories" panel to locate the Action type you want to search for. Then click the cog icon beside it and click on Search all instances.

• Great! Thanks! This is powerful!