Forum rules - please read before posting.

"Screenshot when saving" doesn't show in the slot (save and load menu)

Hi everyone,
AC 1.69.0 + Unity 2018.4.8f1 on a 2d game.

I have this issue: I created new UI menus for save and load. In the setting manager I checked "Take screenshot when saving?", and, in the display type of both (in SaveList) I set Label And Screenshot. But during the game, I can't see any screenshots, only the Time and Date. The new SaveGameButtons (Unity UI) are simply buttons with a text.
Is it necessary to add something else?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• What platform are you building to, and do they display if you temporarily switch your Menu's Source back to Adventure Creator?

For screenshots to show in a Unity UI-based menu, the UI Buttons must have Image components either attached on the same GameObject, or as children. Bear in mind that their display may get altered if the Button's "Target Graphic" is mapped to this Image component, so you may wish to set this to your Text child to avoid this.

• Thank you Chris, sorry for the delay. I can't see the screenshots on the slot in save and load game. I tried to come back to AC menus and it's all ok.

These are my actual settings: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mNu5v4qXoFGugdqP6TDzyX99qh2JJ9Zf

I create a Image component as child of text in SaveGameButton (also for load menu). I tried Image Component and Button Target Graphic but the slot is always empty (only text but not screenshot).

Probably I'm missing something, but I can't understand what exactly.

• It looks like it should work. Are you getting any related warning messages in the Console? If your Link graphics to field is set to Button Target Graphic, it should find the correct Image component so long as the Button's Target Graphic is linked to the Image. It should tell you if there's an issue.

Try moving the Image component to the same GameObject as the Button component, i.e. SaveMenu_SaveGameButton.

• When I set "Button Target Graphic" I have this warning message:

Cannot assign UI Image for SaveMenu_SaveGameButton (3)'s target graphic as Text (UnityEngine.UI.Text) is not an Image component.

-> AC debug logger
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object, Object)
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning(Object, Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:25)
    AC.UISlot:LinkUIElements(Canvas, LinkUIGraphic) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/UISlot.cs:135)
    AC.MenuSavesList:LoadUnityUI(Menu, Canvas) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuSavesList.cs:184)
    AC.Menu:LoadUnityUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:404)
    AC.PlayerMenus:RebuildMenus(MenuManager) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:143)
    AC.PlayerMenus:OnStart() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:89)
    AC.StateHandler:InitPersistentEngine() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:104)
    AC.StateHandler:OnAwake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:77)
    AC.KickStarter:SetPersistentEngine() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:138)
    AC.KickStarter:OnAwake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1123)
    AC.MultiSceneChecker:Awake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:46)

while if I set "Image Component" I havent't any message but nothing changes.

• Maybe I'm missing something in the component: here the inspector of Button (SaveGame), Text and Image component: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EDUGKtu_qK-iMjtWIENcwAxPFydQiknc

• The warning is correct - if you want to change the Text colour when hovering over it, leave it set to Image Component.

The issue is that you have a disabled Image component on your Button GameObject. AC is assuming this is the one to use for your screenshots. Either remove this, or enable it.

• Solved: in the Target Graphic slot I put the button itself and now it works perfectly.