Forum rules - please read before posting.

Head Turn on Hotspot that has a CenterPoint Override

All right, working on my 2.5D version of ENCODYA, I'm finding some issues with the script Chris wrote me to re-center the hotspot and the Head Turn to hotspot.
Under settings I've activated "Player turns head to active hotspot". And everything works great when I don't have the custom script to re-center the hotspot center point.
Once I assign the script, the head is not turning properly (i.e. not moving at all, or moving just a tiny bit and snapped).

This is the original script:.

Is there something wrong with the script? (for example in the "z-depth" part)
Or is there any other way to make the center override working with turning the head of my player?
I'm wondering what is causing troubles...

Thanks a lot!
N.

Comments

• The script assumes a 2D view, because it works by analysing the difference in z-position between the Hotspot and the camera.

If you're working in 2.5D, this would only continue to work if the camera is looking straight down the z-axis.

You could try just using the distance instead, i.e.:

float zDepth = Vector3.Distance (hotspot.transform.position - Camera.main.transform.position);

• edited November 2019

Thanks a lot for your reply.
    But I got the error:
    "There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'b' of 'Vector3.Distance(Vector3, Vector3)'"

Have I done something wrong? I simply replaced the "float" line (line 22 on the original script pasted above) with the one you suggested...

• My mistake.

float zDepth = Vector3.Distance (hotspot.transform.position, Camera.main.transform.position);

• Perfect! It works now!
    Thanks a lot!