Forum rules - please read before posting.

Clicks to the left and right of a navmesh are ignored

edited October 2019 in Technical Q&A

I have a scene in which the player is stuck in jail (so I switch to a small navmesh using Scene:Change setting->Change nav mesh).

Now when I click above or below the new navmesh, the character walks towards the cursor as close as he can get - nice.
But when I click to the left or right of the new navmesh, the character ignores the click (except for some rare occasions where he actually moves, but I haven't been able to pin down the logic for when this occurs).
The same thing seem to be present in all navmeshes - if you click to right of the navmesh, I would expect the player to move to the rightmost edge of the navmesh but instead he stands still.

I tried experimenting with the navmesh accuracy and also the movement settings but to no avail.

Thanks!

AC: 1.69.2
Unity: 2019.02.9f1

Comments

• I cannot recreate such an issue. As this is a visual problem, please share screenshots showing the actual situation.

Clicks to the left and right of the NavMesh will only respond if the NavMesh search direction is set to Radially Outwards From Cursor. For maximum effect, set the NavMesh search % to 1, and the Destination accuracy to 1.