Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change the green color of icons upon clicking

I really don't know if this has been answered but how do I change or not use at all the green color that shows every time I click on an icon to do something ( like look at, examine, etc ? )

Generally speaking even though I find AC a great tool offering so many features I find the graphics handling of things very behind. Things like UI and how easy it is to be setup should become a priority at some point. And I am saying this because I bought the product in 2014 I return to it after so many years and the UI part is very much the same. (That was me nagging a bit :) but take these into consideration please.)

Comments

• Hi, this might or might not help you but just so you know, you can change pretty much anything UI wise by using Unity UI prefabs, instead of AC's own UI. In my mind, AC's UI is more for prototyping, and you change to Unity's when you're going to work on it "for real".

I also recommend doing the TextMeshPro integration if you get to do it, it's a bit of a hassle but worth it because you get very nice font rendering that way.

Anyway, hope that helps.

• Yes, the green highlighting etc is all part of AC's default interface, which is intended as a placeholder more than anything. The key features of a typical adventure game interface are there - inventory, subtitles, etc - but it's possible (and encouraged) to change all of it for your own game.

AC menus can be rendered with OnGUI or with Unity UI - the former being the case when a menu's Source option is set to Adventure Creator. This Source option also determines how customisation is handled. When set to Adventure Creator, all visual changes are made directly in the Menu Manager by tweaking the menu's properties, and those of the elements it contains. When set to Unity UI Prefab or Unity UI In Scene, styling is done by modifiying a Unity UI Canvas prefab and connecting it to AC.

To answer your particular question: assuming your menus are rendererd with OnGUI, then you can configure a Button's Highlight texture property in the Menu Manager to determine what texture is overlayed when highlighted. If using Unity UI, this'll instead be a case of opening up the linked Canvas prefab, and configuring the Button's Transition settings.

If you've used the New Game Wizard to generate your Menu Manager, then each of the Menus that make it up have an AC and Unity UI variant, which you can switch by changing the Source field. As @arcnor says, the "AC" option is best used for rapid prototyping, and Unity UI for final design. TextMeshPro integration is also an option. For more on all this, see AC's "Menus" chapter.

A tutorial on converting an AC Menu to OnGUI can also be found here.

• Thank you both @arcnor and @ChrisIceBox . It seems I have a lot of experimenting to do because I am not that familiar with Unity's GUI system, I was counting on AC but now that you clarified it's for prototyping I must look for other solutions.

• edited June 2019

Don't get me wrong - both AC's own system and Unity UI are valid options. But since AC's relies on Unity's legacy OnGUI system, which Unity no longer update (and are slowly phasing it out), Unity UI just offers more options so far as refinement goes. Depending on your needs, though, the "Adventure Creator" source option may still be enough.

If you're unfamiliar with Unity UI, best to stick with the AC option and see if the style options available are enough for your needs.