Forum rules - please read before posting.

Recreating Adventure Sample Game - Constant Id

Hi AC people,

I have followed the AC - Sample Game tutorial and have come to a certain place where I keep trying, redo the whole project again and again to no avail. In all, I have done it 5 times over and still hitting the same problem.

I am at the stage where the bird knocks over the glasses and I have created a constant Id ActionList for it. In the ActionList editor for glasses, it is listed there. However, when playing the game, I get the girl to pick up the glasses (LowTake) and then equip the glasses. Its not showing any visibility when worn. In the inventory, the disguise/glasses is showing and I could even go past the security guard without any glasses being worn.

Why isn't my game showing glasses being worn on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks BTJ

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @BTJH74.

This is a bug. Thank you for the report, and apologies for the hassle.

The issue is purely visual - the glasses are considered "worn" by the guard because his Interaction checks on the presence of the Disguise inventory item - not the visiblity of the item on the player itself. What's happening is that the state of the glasses model is being restored to the state they were in when the player previously visited that scene.

I'm actually in the middle of writing a fix for this at the moment - expect this addressed in AC's v1.66.2 update. Aside from this visual glitch, you should be able to consider your progress of the tutorial "complete".

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

• Thank you. At least I had lots of practice smile:
    I look forward to creating games using AC to assist me with implementing hotspots and various interactions.