Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't adjust speech volume.

edited December 2015 in Technical Q&A
Can't change speech volume in Options of the game.
Since in the Sound type  of the Sound script component there is no Speech, only SFX Music and Others.
I do have my Speech mixer and it's defined in AC settings accordingly in Speech Mixer as Master (Speech). Just like the SFX and Music in their respective slots.

Changing Music and SFX works fine though.

What do I miss?  Or is it bug?

Speech volume change in the Options of the game works only if I remove Sound Component.
But sometimes I need to adjust the right volume in the editor since some speech audios have slight volume difference. Just like with Music and SFX.

Comments

• The speech volume is set automatically when a character speaks - characters don't use the Sound component, which is why there's no "Speech" option in the drop-down.

I will consider adding a "Relative volume" option in the character Inspector.
  • Hmm but there is Speech volume in the Options when you run the game :)
  • Of course - you can always change the speech volume globally.  Your question was about setting relative volumes per-character.
  • edited December 2015
    No, I can't change the speech volume globaly when playing the game
    Since I'm also adding sound components to characters because I want to tune the volumes , some voice-overs have different volumes.
     And this is my problem.

But removing the sound components allow me to change the global volume in the game though.

• Wait for v1.50.
  • Did the "Relative volume" for a player get added in a previous version since this post? I need my Players speech to be louder than the other NPC's
  • You can make use of the Sound component's "Relative volume" slider if you attach it to a child GameObject of your Player and assign that in your Player's "Speech AudioSource" field.