Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursor offset UFPS/3rd person

edited August 2018 in Technical Q&A
I have just tweaked my 3rd person settings in UFPS to make them look nicer, but now the cursor is offset on Y. In first person mode it is perfect, presumably because the crosshair is in the middle, but in first person mode I have to look far too low to get the hotspot to show up. I realise this is some weirdness coming from upfs/third person but I was wondering if there is a way to tweak offsets at runtime (from code) so that I can get around this ? I messed with the AC Game Editor options for cursor offsets while the game was running but they didnt seem to have any effect.

AC 1.62.6, Unity 2018.2.2f1

Comments

• Is your AC cursor locked?  If so, it'll be in the centre of the screen.  The offsetting of cursor icons in the Cursor Manager is only visual.

You can override the percieved cursor position through code, however, by overriding InputMousePositionDelegate - as this includes a "cursor is locked" parameter.

For an example on using this override, see the end of the Manual's "Remapping inputs" chapter.