Forum rules - please read before posting.

1.62.3 doesn't let me skip cutscene (EndCutscene)

Using Unity2017.4.1 and AC 1.62.3, I'm faced with a new issue: EndCutscene button (Enter) fails to completely skip the cutscene. Also, this error message:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.SceneChanger.ChangeScene (AC.SceneInfo nextSceneInfo, Boolean saveRoomData, Boolean forceReload, Int32 _removeNPCID) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneChanger.cs:166)
AC.ActionScene.ChangeScene () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionScene.cs:116)
AC.ActionScene.Skip () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionScene.cs:84)
AC.ActionList+<RunAction>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:331)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:306)
AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:522)
AC.ActionList:EndAction(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:440)
AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator2:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:409)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:306)
AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:522)
AC.ActionList:EndAction(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:440)
AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator2:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:409)
AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:527)
AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:527)

Comments

• edited April 2018
    What do you mean?  That it completely fails, or fails to complete?  Let's see the ActionList in question, please.

1) Did you preload the scene before, and does it occur if you let the Cutscene play out naturally without skipping?

2) What are your full "Scene loading" settings in the Settings Manager?

3) Open up SceneChanger.cs and replace line 166:

preloadAsync.allowSceneActivation = true;

with:

if (preloadAsync != null) preloadAsync.allowSceneActivation = true;

Does that solve the problem?
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks Chris,
    what I meant is that EndCutscene just jumps to a black screen without progressing to next scene.

No, I never preload the scenes. The Cutscene doesn't progress to the next (loading) scene with or without skipping with the button. (It ends with a black screen in both cases, meaning it blanks the screen if I press EndCutscene.) It had no problem progressing in the previous AC version (1.62.2).

My scene loading settings:
    Always reload when loading: checked.
    Asynchronous: unchecked.
    Use loading screen: yes, by name.
  • Please let me know of the effect of 3), above.
  • I just did the line 166 trick, made a build, and it seems to have fixed it!

Thank you for this. Is it considered to be a bug or something else?
  • Likely a bug - though not one I can recreate, so I'm unsure where the source of it lies.  The suggestion was a best guess.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll issue an official fix shortly.
  • Chris, you're providing a level of support I don't even see from the Playmaker guys. Many thanks again. ;)
  • Well, a critical bug is a critical bug - if it occurs for one it'll occur for others.