Forum rules - please read before posting.

Rotation

Hi everyone,

Unity version: 2019
Adventure creator: latest

I have this issue since a long time. The rotation direction movement of the player is not accurate enough. I find it very difficult to set my direction to angles spots. Although, the movement limitation in player setting is set to no limit. I have uploaded a video to explain more of my issue. The video explains how difficult to direct my player to angles spots.

Comments

• edited April 2020

Welcome to the community, @MoonGuy.

Thanks for the video - though I'll need more info about your setup in order to see what might be wrong.

Can you share screenshots of your Player's full Inspector, Settings Manager, and Horizontal / Vertical inputs as defined in Unity's Input Manager? I'll attempt a recreation of the problem on my end.

Also, how exactly are you controlling the character? Through arrow keys / a controller?

Finally, if you place down the 3D Demo game's Player prefab, Tin Pot, into the scene - does he have the same issue? You can find him in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Demo/Resources. Learning this will help to determine the source of the problem.

• I am using a controller (analog stick) to move the player.
    I believe this is not an issue or a bug, it's probably how the system is, I want it to be more accurately when rotating to angles. I've also tried the Tin pot to see if the issue still exist and it does.
    https://imgur.com/ZOHiUaX

https://imgur.com/nu1Ulcj

https://imgur.com/ydOv6wL

• Thanks for the details - I'm looking into it now.

• OK, this seems to be a product of a few contributing issues.

Firstly, I suspect this is partially similar to the turning issue discussed in this thread.

Secondly, I also think this is down to the fact that when the Player's direction is set via input, that direction will remain so even when the input is released - so the character will continue turning to that direction. I shall look to make this behaviour optional.

Finally, the Input settings also have an effect. I'd recommend raising the Gravity values to 3 - but behaviour should be improved in the next update.

• Hi, I have read the turning issue discussion you provided, his subject is mainly about camera issue. The issue i'm having is about the player rotation. I also set the Gravity value to 3, but I still get the same result. I have uploaded a new video to demonstrate more of the issue. At the begging of the video, I could set my direction to forward, backward, right and left, but it's too difficult to do that for the corners. At the end of the video is my goal. Thank you for your time and support.

• To clarify: I was meaning that you'd only see an improvement with a raised Gravity value after the update.

As part of the update, I'm looking to add a Stop turning when release input? option to the Settings Manager which should improve behaviour. Let me know if you'd like to be involved in testing, and I'll send you a link to a test package.

• Thanks for your answer. Yes I'd like to be involved in the testing.