Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Hotspot visibility issue] Clicked Hotspot label/text stays on screen even when switching cameras

Hi there!

I'm not sure if it's the intended behaviour or not.

When I click on a Hotspot (touchscreen, mobile), AC correctly shows the Hotspot menu (using AC menu system).

Yet, if the interaction gets canceled, or the camera changes, it stays on screen until you select another hotspot or click on the ground.

Is this the intended behaviour?
How can I fix this on a large number of scenes?

Comments

• By Hotspot menu, you're referring to a Menu with an Appear type of On Hotspot.

The Menu's display is camera-independent - changing camera alone won't close it.

How is it that you're cancelling the Interaction? By clicking elsewhere while the Player moves towards the Hotspot?

Let's see your full Settings Manager.

• edited April 2020

Hi Chris!

Sure thing.
    Cancelling the interaction like, clicking on the terrain. The Hotspot menu text still remains on screen even after interacting with the hotspot, or if the camera changes due to the player triggering a camera switch by getting close to the hotspot.

It's not a big deal, but it's a bit of annoying and I'd love to fix it, or understand what I'm doing wrong.

Here's the Hotspot Menu:

its preview:

• What of the interaction itself? I'm not sure what you mean by cancelling it - as in, tapping elsewhere while the Player is moving towards the Hotspot, with Cutscene while moving? unchecked, and before the Interaction ActionList itself has run?

• Hi Chris!

I probably didn't explain well what I meant. Please forget one second about cancelling.

For some reason the Hotspot menu (with the name of the Hotspot) sticks on the screen since when you tap it (mobile) and after interacting with it.

I'm not sure if that's the intended behaviour, but I'd like to have it disappear after interacting with it, and possibly repositioning it if the camera changes because of the player pathing to it and the hotspot is still our destination.

I never use the Cutscene while Moving, I prefer the player to always be in control. Exception made for when it's a cutscene, of course :)

• You have the Menu set to "Appear At Cursor Then Freeze", so it's not going to reposition itself unless you manually do so.

Is this an issue in the Editor, or only in builds?

• Also in builds.

Yet, I'd love to have the Hotspot menu to reposition automatically on camera change while visible - currently I feel it's a bit confusing for the player to have such text fixed in screen space even if after a camera change caused the actual screen position of the Hotspot to change dramatically.

Should I change the Menu appear behaviour to something else? Appear at cursor felt the most appropriate choice, considering that interaction Icons appear right below the Hotspot name.

• I'll attempt a recreation on the visibility issue.

Regarding the position - "Appear At Cursor Then Freeze" means that it will first appear at the cursor / tap position, and then remain frozen.

You can set it to "On Hotspot" to have it show at the Hotspot's position at all times.

• I'm not having any luck recreating such an issue.

the Hotspot menu (with the name of the Hotspot) sticks on the screen since when you tap it (mobile) and after interacting with it.

To be clear: is it hiding during the Interaction itself and returning afterwards, or is it displaying the whole time? And is the Interaction blocking gameplay or running in the background?

Also, does this issue occur if (in the Editor) you switch to Mouse And Keyboard input?

The Hotspot menu should only show either when a Hotspot is selected, or the text within it is overridden by a menu or custom script. The Hotspot is deselected once the interaction is triggered, so I can't tell how this might be occuring.

Have you made any changes to the code, or added a custom script that may interfere? It'd be worth creating a new project and - as I've just done - use the default settings aside from what you've shared in the screenshots. A simple scene with a single Hotspot should then be enough to see if the behaviour is unique to your original project.