Forum rules - please read before posting.

Child hotspot object

Hello,

I have a dynamic object that I move around the room. so I made it's hotspot a child of the mesh

it's collider is smaller than the hotspot to work.

at the beginning of the game it works, I am able to use the hotspot

when I move it to certain position I use action:hotspot disable, action: object invisible on that mesh and hotspot

then on another action I reverse it by using action:hotspot enable, action: object visible

now the object is visible, the hotspot seems active on the inspector but it doesn't show up when the cursor is over

when I remove it from the child during the gameplay it works again

do I need a component for the child hotspots to work after disable/enable?

thanks

Comments

• If the Hotspot's Inspector appears correct (i.e. "Hotspot state: OFF" is not displayed), then it should respond to input as normal.

Is your Settings Manager's Hotspot detection method set to Mouse Over?

Such an issue is typically brought on by another collider getting in the way. Hotspots are "on" when on the Default layer (by default), so if something else on this layer is in between it and the camera, you won't be able to click on it.

This is intentional - to prevent e.g. Hotspots from being clickable through walls.

Is it possible the parent's collider - or some other collider - is blocking the raycast when in this new position?

As this sounds like a visual problem, it'd probably be best to share some images of the situation.