Forum rules - please read before posting.

Active Input: Separate Action List

Hi Chris, would you consider adding the option to define action lists for both On button Down and On Button Up for Active Inputs - or whatever would result in a "hold" option (so you have to hold a key for an action list to be performed).

I have a "first person mode" in my otherwise third person game, which is basically a variable check (IsFirstPerson) then a camera switch. I want to have the button be held though, rather than toggled on/off.

Comments

• You can already choose between "On Down" vs "On Up" when creating an Active Input. To have a separate ActionList run for each, just create another Active Input mapped to the same button.

• This does indeed work, thanks.

• I've recently run into an issue with this. If you just tap the button (right mouse), then it stays in first person mode as if it was using a toggle. But to exit back to "normal" mode you must hold the button, then let go.
    So basically, the On Up Action List is being bypassed somehow if you tap the input quickly.

• I'll attempt a recreation. What are your input settings for the button in question?

• Sorry, what input settings are you referring to? The active input types are buttons, and are available only when game is normal.

Besides that, it is using the right mouse button. I am using Rewired though (with the script from the AC wiki).

• I was referring to the settings in Unity's Input manager.

If you're using Rewired, that may be a factor. What if you disable it and refer to a "Unity" input?

• I see. Yeah, same issue using Unity Input, so we can rule out Rewired.

• Right. So, what of the input settings?

• Are you meaning this? (it's called Aim btw)
    https://imgur.com/a/An8y8Co

• You can try raising the Dead value, but I myself have no issue fundamentally with getting an "On Button Up" Active Input to trigger.

What is it you're exactly trying to achieve? It's possible the whole thing can be moved to a custom script, if necessary.

• Ah, I figured it out - it was my fault, sorry for the bother.
    In my On Button Down action list, I used an Engine: Manage Systems action which disabled input - this stopped the On Button Up action from firing, because technically it's still an input.