Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mouse Cursor and Game Cursor gets separated when pause menu turned off manually

Hello,

I use Manual appear type for my pause menu as it's turning on and off depends on some other menus. I simply use PlayerMenus .TurnOn() and .TurnOff()

when I turn off the pause menu from a script using TurnOff(), somehow the game cursor and mouse cursor gets separated so they are not at the same spot. game cursor is locked at the center as required but the mouse cursor is somewhere away

this does not happen when I turn off the pause menu using the resume button with default settings.

this does not happen at default setup with closing the pause menu using appear type: on input key

I know there a lot of stuff I changed from the default settings but Is there a reason coming into mind for this? Should I call a function after the TurnOff manually?

as the mouse cursor doesn't show up on build, it is probably not an issue but still it would be nice to understand this

Thanks

Comments

• edited March 2020

What if you turn the Menu off via the Menu: Change state Action?

Since the cursor behaves differently depending on the game's "pause" state, I wonder if this is less about the Menu itself but more about the fact that you're re-entering gameplay.

I'm not sure exactly why this would happen, but AC doesn't control the system cursor's position - only its locked state, which you can force via the Cursor Manager's Lock system cursor when locking AC cursor?.

If the AC cursor is supposed to be locked in the centre, what is the system cursor's behaviour you're getting when things are working? Is that also locked in the centre?