Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu flickering issue at the start of a scene

Since upgrading to the latest AC version (I now have AC 1.70.4 and Unity 2019.1.10f1), I seem to be having a new issue with a simple AC menu which is set to appear "during gameplay."

Strangely, when I switch between scenes, I now see a quick flash of this menu (less than a second I'm guessing) just as the scene starts. The thing is, my scenes start with a gameplay blocking cutscene (ie. not running in background) where the player character moves to his starting point. Why would the menu try to display itself if it's only supposed to appear "during gameplay"?

It's got me stumped.

Comments

• I will attempt a recreation.

• What version of AC were you previously using?
    • Does this occur with the default InGame menu? If not, please provide steps to create a Menu for which this does occur
    • Does this occur before the OnStart cutscene begins?
    • Does the PlayerStart your character appears at have Fade in on activate? checked?
  • Hi @ChrisIceBox,
    So, based on your comments, I went ahead and did a simple test of the default inGame menu to answer your question about it.

The results are interesting:. The inGame menu has a transition time of 0.1 and transition type set to fade. At these settings, the flicker does not happen. But, if I change the transition time to 0.25 (which is what my other menu is set to), I can see the flicker even on the inGame menu.

To answer your other questions: 1) AC 1.68.3; 2) I'm not sure; 4) no, not checked.

• Thanks for the details. I shall work on a fix.