Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot Interaction Actions Disappeared?

edited March 2020 in Technical Q&A

In one of my scenes my hotspot actions have disappeared and the hotspot no longer responds. As you can see in the below image, there is something there, but the actual content is not visible. Is there a way to "refresh" an action window?

I also get these:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
AC.ActionCheck.DrawOutWires (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] actions, System.Int32 i, System.Int32 offset, UnityEngine.Vector2 scrollPosition) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionCheck.cs:282)
AC.ActionListEditorWindow.DrawSockets (AC.Action action, System.Boolean isAsset, UnityEngine.Event e) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:2236)
AC.ActionListEditorWindow.NodesGUI (System.Boolean isAsset, UnityEngine.Event e) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:1580)
AC.ActionListEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:962)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at :0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at :0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at :0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:361)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:320)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:244)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Comments

• It's hard to say without the ActionList in front of me, but my guess is that you somehow have a "null" Action in there. What is your AC version, and were you doing at the time this started happening?

Open up ActionCheck.cs, and replace lines 280 and 299:

if (actions.Contains (skipActionTrueActual))
    if (actions.Contains (skipActionFailActual))

with:

if (actions.Contains (skipActionTrueActual) && skipActionTrueActual != null)
    if (actions.Contains (skipActionFailActual) && skipActionFailActual != null)

What happens then?

• No real difference I'm afraid - just the same errors again.

AC is 1.70.4
    This is a scene that has not been opened for a long time & I used to have a custom action for a third party asset that is no longer in the project - this action list used that action (though it is no longer in the actions folder), so it could be related to that.

It looks like I'll probably just have to remake this action list.
    As you can see in the image, the nodes are still there but no actions are.

• Try re-adding the custom Action so that you can search for instances it and remove them from ActionLists before deleting the Action class itself.