Forum rules - please read before posting.

Setting up Player correctly

I am a little confused at this....how to do it correctly
1) I import FBX of player (drag it into Hierarchy window)
2) I run AC Character Wizard
3) I drag FBX model from Hierarchy window to AC Character Wizard dialog box field
after that, the confusing part
4) Do I make a prefab of the FBX player?
3)Then assign PREFAB to AC Game Editor->Settings->Character Settings->Player (?)
Do I then delete the FBX model from Hierarchy window and use prefab instead(??)
or delete it and not use anything in Hierarchy window?

Comments

• Make a prefab out of the object modified/generated by the Character Wizard, yes. This then gets assigned in the Settings Manager.

You're now safe to delete the object from the scene / Hierarchy, as this prefab will now be spawned in automatically since - after assigning the prefab - AC knows that this is your default Player characer.

Do know that this is all optional, though. If a Player character is present in the scene file, then that Player will override any "default" you've assigned in the Settings Manager. You can even leave the "default" field empty and just have a Player character in each of your scene files - spawning one for you is really just a convenience feature.

• ". You can even leave the "default" field empty and just have a Player character in each of your scene files -"

OK.

This explained a lot, since it seemed I could leave the Player in hierarchy and/or delete it.....

• Indeed. See the Manual's "Players" chapter for more on this.