Forum rules - please read before posting.

Custom Actionlist Parameter with constantID

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom action with some parameters. One of them is a gameobject I want to remove from the scene, but I want to use the constantID just like normal action list object:remove action; but when I add the object as a parameter it doesn't catch the objectID (or does not show it)

Is there a workaround or should I write my own custom action for this one? How can I find the gameobject with constantID via scripting?

Thanks

Comments

• I'm not sure where in the workflow you're looking for the ID to be shown. If an Action field is set to a parameter, the ID is ignored because the parameter's value (which is set at runtime) overrides it.

If you'd like to share your code / screens of the list, I can try to see what's wrong, but more detail on what it is exactly what you're trying to achieve will help me understand.

How can I find the gameobject with constantID via scripting?

You can use the Serializer's returnComponent static function.

• edited March 2020

oh I was just working on the cutscene. It worked fine on an asset action list. It recorded the constantID as intended

thanks

• IDs will be recorded in assets because they're necessary for the asset to "find" the scene object after a reload. When dealing with cutscenes in the same scene, the ID system isn't necessary - so they aren't added automatically.