Forum rules - please read before posting.

Need help with animations. Hotspot starts animation

Sorry for my English 🙏🏻
I'am creating a 2D game, and i want create a animation, who starts after interaction with a object. I can't find tutorials 😢. I created a animation in Unity, i don't know, how to play this animation with Action Script. What should i use : Legacy or Sprites 2D toolkit.
I need your help ✨ Thank you!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @sahaziz.

A tutorial on getting started in 2D can be found here.

What kind of object are you looking to animate? A character or another object? And with which Action?

If you've already created the animation, make sure you've attached an Animator component to it, with the animation contained inside. Don't make it the default (highlighted yellow). If you need it to do nothing when the game starts, make an "empty" animation the default instead.

To have AC play the animation, then use the Object: Animate Action, setting the Animation engine to Sprites Unity Complex. You can then either set the Method to Play Custom, which will let you type in the name of the animation you want to play directly - or Change Parameter Value, which will let you change a value of an Animator Parameter, which can be used to make transitions in your Animator to play different animations based on their values.

Animators and Animator Parameters are all part of Unity. If you're new to them, see Unity's own docs on them here.

If you get stuck, just post some images of the object you're trying to animate, the Animator Controller you've given it, the Action you're trying to run, and we'll take a look what's wrong. Don't forget that you can always test out an ActionList manually at runtime by clicking "Run now" in its Inspector - no need to actually interact with the Hotspot!

• Thank you! I understood how Animator works. I created Empty node and added node with animation.
    You helped me 🍀