Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity AC and Order of Assets

Hi. I have had AC for years, along with Playmaker. Frankly, I buy and download more assets than make games. Well, when I setup AC, does it matter what order I load things? I'm talking about 3D environment, such as a Triple Brick Studio 3D Scene. What Assets to load first, or does it matter? Thanks for reading. David.

Comments

• For example.. I want Playmaker, AC, and "Dirty Apartments" (3 D environment) in a project, along with "Line Endings Fixer" utility. Does it matter what order they are loaded in?

• How do you mean "loaded in" exactly? Imported into your Assets folder (I'm assuming), or when the game is run?

AC is no longer classified as a "Complete Project" asset (as it was many years ago), meaning it won't overwrite your Input settings, Tags and Layers.

It does have a small number of required Inputs/Layers, but these are now added to your existing set when AC is imported. What specific changes are made (should you wish to do so manually) are covered in the Manual's "Installation" chapter.

I shouldn't think the relative order in which you import your Assets should have any bearing, though as AC is intended to be a "base layer" framework, I'd recommend importing it as one of the first.

• Thanks Chris. :) That is what I mean..when you set up your game..order of assets.