Forum rules - please read before posting.

Any Roadmap for AC in 2020?

edited March 2020 in Engine development

I love Adventure Creator, and it's been a gift that keeps giving for at least 5 years now. Its book-length manual alone is a testament to how dedicated and committed an asset it really is. But I'd like to know whether or not anything new is up its sleeve for 2020 or beyond. New features and integrations have slowed to a crawl in recent years, and AC feels a bit like freezing in time.

Competition, mostly in the form of Game Creator and First Person Exploration Kit, are breathing down its neck, and I for one would love to see AC hold its own, this year and beyond.

So this is why I'm asking if there's a current roadmap, and plans to extend the asset any further? Thanks.

Comments

• edited March 2020

Since other assets are prone to changing their API, the exact needs of an integration will vary from project-to-project, and the sheer number of new assets is growing exponentially, AC's been focusing more on empowering users to more easily write their own integrations based on their own needs.

That said, a fair number can be found on the AC wiki: https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Integrations

I'm not sure I agree that the number of new features has "slowed to a crawl", though - v1.70 introduced many.

In v1.71, I'm looking to overhaul the player-switching system to make it much easier to manage multiple characters across different scenes.

• Sorry, I didn't mean to sound provocative. AC remains the single best asset in the store, that much is clear.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Not at all - thanks for the feedback.

• Just to add I would not be opposed to paying for a future upgrade, like Adventure Creator 2.0 or whatever. I think it's feature complete as it is, but sometimes I actually feel guilty that we get new features, often huge, and I haven't payed a dime since like 2014 (or 2015?).

• "I think it's feature complete as it is"

No it's not complete, and never will be. There's always room for expansion in an asset like this, from advanced IK features to more elaborate Objectives, the list is endless.

• Oh, I know what you mean. I just meant that, as far as the logic being in place to create a general adventure game, it's achieved what it set out to do. You can always add more stuff to it, sure.