Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory Icons not Displaying

My game is 3D & uses Direct Control with Context Sensitive interaction. I use a combination of "normal" AC cameras as well as the Advanced Third Person camera, switching between them when needed. The issue is that inventory item icons for some reason only display when the Advanced Third Person camera is in use. So using e.g a simple camera does not display the item icons.
(Inventory items are selected via the inventory which is opened and closed via input)

Also, when they are displayed, the icons move around with mouse movement, despite the Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins? option being ticked.

Comments

• The "Advanced Third Person Camera" does nothing related to inventory items - what is the behaviour if you just use a single SimpleCamera from the beginning of the scene?

There's not enough detail here for me to recreate an issue. Probably best for you to prepare a test .unitypackage (Managers, graphic assets + test scene) for me to experience it.

Also, when they are displayed, the icons move around with mouse movement, despite the Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins? option being ticked.

Do Hotspots react to the locked cursor position, or the inventory icon's position, at this time?

• The invisible icons has been fixed by unticking the Hide cursor when locked in screen centre? This combined with _Display Cursor: Never _allows the icon to only display when the inventory item is selected.

And so the icon moving around I think is caused by me having an extra canvas for weapon crosshairs in the sections where you can fire guns. If I enable this canvas or any of it's images with the crosshairs, then turn it off again, then select an inventory item, this is when the free moving inventory cursor issue occurs.
    Hotspots do not react to the locked cursor position or the icon's position, and still can only be activated by the character's hotspot detector (as intended).

So basically, it's this extra canvas - perhaps it interferes with the event system or something. If I can't fix it, I could find an alternate solution for this, such as a camera overlay or even just a plane with a cutout texture on it, placed in front of the camera.

• Ah, solved it - I don't think it was caused by the other canvas after all. When entering "Aim mode" to aim weapons (as mentioned earlier), it switches to first person movement method - this is what unlocks the cursor I think.

Just adding an extra player: constrain action to enable the cursor lock to my camera switching action list did the trick.