Forum rules - please read before posting.

Disable inventory and interactions while the menu is open

I have made a specific menu (close-up view of the item) open when examining the item. But I want to make it so that the player can't interact with any hot spots and open the inventory. How do I do that?

Comments

• You can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to disable the Interaction system, which will prevent Hotspots from being clickable. This'd be best placed in the Menu's ActionList when turn on field (with another one in "turn off" to re-enable the system afterwards).

For the Inventory menu: if a Menu is locked, it won't turn on even if its Appear type condition is met. A Menu: Change state Action can be used to lock it.

• Thank you, disabling interactions worked. But the type of inventory appearance is set to "only during gameplay", so I can't open it through the "turn on" action . I want the inventory still hidden during the cutscenes.

• Use the Menu: Change state Action to lock the menu, not turn it on/off. Again, locking a menu will prevent it from turning it on even if its "Appear type" condition is met.

• Opening my inventory is assigned to Active Input. Because the type of inventory appearance is set to "during gameplay", I can only open the menu with "lock/unlock", so locking the inventory during the approach menu display does not help because it can be unlocked again by pressing the Active input button. When I try to open the inventory with "change state - turn on", an error appears that cannot turn on the menu with the appearance type "during gameplay".
  • I'm not suggesting to turn it on with that Action.

If you're also controlling the state with an Active Input, you can disable the Active Input during this time with the Input: Toggle active Action.

• Thank you, it worked!