Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity UI Cursor & Hiding System Cursor

Hi,

I'm trying to hide the system cursor altogether and rely only on a RawImage, but encountering some issues. I have the cursor set to hardware and I am using the script on:

https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Unity_UI-based_cursor

We have ITH with right mouse button cycling. The main issue is that even when I have the empty texture set to a transparent alpha with all proper import settings (set to cursor, alpha enabled etc), it still shows as a white square. If I set it to something else, it shows that icon.

On top of that, when items are selected in our game, the cursor turns into that item. This works for the RawImage but the empty texture also keeps randomly flickering in and out of showing that inventory item.

Any idea where I'm going wrong with this?

Selene

Comments

• IIRC this is actually an issue with Unity, whereby it doesn't like being given an empty texture to be used as a cursor graphic.

Try assigning an almost transparent texture (i.e. 1% opacity) and see if that works.

The inventory issue may be related to your assigned inventory texture's Image type in the Import settings.

• Thanks Chris, that did it. The second problem seemed to be that I had no "cursor" image at all assigned or active graphic, just main graphic.