Forum rules - please read before posting.

Postprocessing on main camera

Hello,

When I add a post-process layer on the main camera I receive this warning:

When used with builtin render pipeline, Postprocessing package expects to be used on a fullscreen Camera.
Please note that using Camera viewport may result in visual artefacts or some things not working.

This happens only on ac scenes. Not sure what I am doing wrong. probably ac assigns main camera with some options and it is against post processing or something?

I would appreciate if you can direct me.

unity:2019.3.0f6
ac: 1.70.4

Thanks

Comments

• it appears the main camera view rect gets changed

https://ibb.co/8s9G2NK

it there a reason why this values are set to other than x=0, y=0, w=1, h=1?

• This will be the case if you are enforcing an aspect ratio in the Settings Manager's "Camera settings".

Are you getting any visual artefacts or issues? I myself don't experience visual problems, nor such a message when using HDRP or URP.

• I am using the builtin render pipeline, it seems it doesn't effect UPR or HDRP

the thing is when I disabled the aspect ratio, the performance increased dramatically. it seems builtin pipeline suffers from not having a fullscreen camera.

• That may be an issue on the Unity side of things, unfortunately. Investigating a report from the Profiler may reveal more details, however.