Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to make a start cutscene skippable based on a variable

Hi everyone,
AC 1.70.0 + Unity 2019.2.17f1 on a 2d game.

Here my little issue: the first scene of the game is a cutscene that load a video (play movie) with the logo of the developer (in the "On start" scene cutscenes section).
Actually it's not skippable, but I'd like that it's not skippable only at the first start. So I tried with a global bool variable: I created a cutscene that checked the variable: if it's true it recall another cutscene where there's the option "is skippable" not checked and, at the end, change the global variable to false. If it's false it recall another cutscene (same action of the first one) but with the option "is skippable" checked.

The issue is that it seems not to remember the status of the variable when I close the game and then re-open (second start). I tried to force the set false of the variable also when I quit the game (I have a menu where I can tell if I want to quit or not), but when I reopen the scene is always not skippable, like if the variable is always true.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• edited February 2020

The logic sounds correct, but you'll need to make sure that the Variable is linked to Options Data - so that it's value is based on the user's Profile and not on any specific save game files.

See the Manual's "Variable linking" and "Options Data" chapters for more on this topic.

• Thank you very much. It seems to work perfectly.