Forum rules - please read before posting.

Component PopUp Variable throws error when set up …

edited February 2020 in Technical Q&A

… and breaks the Inspector view.

I am running AC 1.70.2 on a Unity 2019.3.0f6 (Mac)

I have a game object with the variables component attached. When I "Create new Component Variable" and switch its type to "PopUp", the following error comes up (and gets repeated several times per second when I move the mouse!):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.VariablesManager.ShowPopUpLabelsGUI (AC.GVar variable, System.Boolean canEdit, UnityEngine.Object objectToRecord) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/VariablesManager.cs:1282)
AC.VariablesManager.ShowVarGUI (AC.GVar selectedVar, AC.VariableLocation location, System.Boolean canEdit, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] _varPresets, System.String apiPrefix, AC.Variables _variables) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/VariablesManager.cs:1050)
AC.VariablesEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Variables/Editor/VariablesEditor.cs:46)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass55_0.b__0 () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:521)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:187)

The Inspector view of the Variable component also gets screwed up.

Comments

• Do you have a Variables Manager assigned in the AC Game Editor window?

• Oh! No, I didn't.
    I had to reinstall AC earlier, but instead of that I just went through the minimum update procedure (without the references asset). So sorry for bothering you!

• No worries - I'll put in a warning message so that it doesn't cause further confusion.

• Thank you!