Forum rules - please read before posting.

can't modify bone transforms

hello
i have a problem in 1.70.1 / unity 2019.1.9f1
I can no longer modify a "bone transforms" on a new or old NPC, when I put a bone in the cell it doesn't take it. I also try to edit the "prefab" or make an "unpack prefab".
I see the bones in the hierarchy but it asks me for an "animation clip", I have this problem for several months.
My old NPCs are working but I can't make any changes to the bones.
I work in legacy mode.

Thanks for your help !

Comments

• Oh dear - sorry about that. I'm not sure when or how this broke, but it's a simple fix. Open up AnimEngine_Legacy.cs (inside /Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Animation and find lines 99 to 104:

character.upperBodyBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <AnimationClip> ("Upper body:", character.upperBodyBone, true, "", "The 'Upper body bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");
    character.neckBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <AnimationClip> ("Neck bone:", character.neckBone, true, "", "The 'Neck bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");
    character.leftArmBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <AnimationClip> ("Left arm:", character.leftArmBone, true, "", "The 'Left arm bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");
    character.rightArmBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <AnimationClip> ("Right arm:", character.rightArmBone, true, "", "The 'Right arm bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");
    character.leftHandBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <AnimationClip> ("Left hand:", character.leftHandBone, true, "", "The 'Left hand bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");
    character.rightHandBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <AnimationClip> ("Right hand:", character.rightHandBone, true, "", "The 'Right hand bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");

Replace them with:

character.upperBodyBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <Transform> ("Upper body:", character.upperBodyBone, true, "", "The 'Upper body bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");
    character.neckBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <Transform> ("Neck bone:", character.neckBone, true, "", "The 'Neck bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");
    character.leftArmBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <Transform> ("Left arm:", character.leftArmBone, true, "", "The 'Left arm bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");
    character.rightArmBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <Transform> ("Right arm:", character.rightArmBone, true, "", "The 'Right arm bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");
    character.leftHandBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <Transform> ("Left hand:", character.leftHandBone, true, "", "The 'Left hand bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");
    character.rightHandBone = (Transform) CustomGUILayout.ObjectField <Transform> ("Right hand:", character.rightHandBone, true, "", "The 'Right hand bone' Transform, used to isolate animations");

I'll apply this same fix to v1.70.2.

• hello.
    thanks Chris it works now. <3