Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't access tutorials

I have purchased and installed the latest version of AC , and I am looking to learn how to make a splash screen/menu screen to start my game off.
I found a discussion on this forum that recommended following this tutorial : https://www.iceboxstudios.co.uk/adventure-creator/tutorials/creating-title-screen-menu

However, When I click it , it says I am not authorised to view the page.

Can anybody help me with this please. I assumed that being a paying customer would grant me access to such tutorials.

Additionally , I have followed Chris's 2D tutorial on getting started in AC , however, it only really explains how to create a simple "one room" game. The game I am creating requires a main menu screen , which is followed by a cut scene , which will then lead onto the beginning of the game that works it's way through many rooms/scenes. I am struggling to work out how to use AC to create a large game , that has a timeline and a long story that works through many rooms/scenes. Can anyone point me in the direction of any learning material that explains the workflow to create such a game?
Thanks in advance.
Matthew

Comments

• Hi Matthew! Have you tried the tutorials in here?

https://www.adventurecreator.org/tutorials

I have recently bought AC as well and managed to keep me busy with the video and written tutorials in there as well as the manual.
    As for the title screen, I didn't know there was a tutorial for that, and I haven't done mine yet, but what I would do is to create a Menu via AC.
    I am still working on my first scene and designing my custom in game menus, but I understand that for changing scenes, you use the Scene : switch action.
    My first scene has many rooms, and I switch between them changing the camera via the ActionList editor.
    I haven't followed any tutorials for creating long games, I kinda just jumped into it... I hope I'm not wrong, but I think once I understood the basic functionality of switching scenes —and using global variables and prefabs for things that should be persistent—, creating a long game is "just" a matter of creating different scenes and switching back and forth.
    The most important part for me was to spend a good 2 or 3 weeks really getting used to AC, it was really overwhelming at first and I simply got lost or forgot about very simple things. Now it hasn't even been 2 months already and I feel so much more familiar with it.

Well, I hope this helps!

• After I posted this, I found the tutorial for a title menu:

https://www.adventurecreator.org/tutorials/creating-title-screen-menu

• Welcome to the community, @FrikkR2.

Tutorials on the "iceboxstudios" site were from many years ago - all have since been moved to this domain, at the link @HauntedPumpkin has shared. You can also access the tutorials page via the "Adventure Creator" section of the top toolbar within Unity.

I would recommend holding off making a title-screen menu while you're still getting started with AC, though the tutorial linked above should help you through it. The Manual's "Menus" section should also give you plenty of info on how the menu system works.

As for scene-switching, this is covered in the Recreating Unity's adventure tutorial (specifically here). As this tutorial covers scenes, puzzles, dialog etc, I'd recommend going through it in full if you haven't already. Don't worry if you're not making a 3D game yourself - many of the concepts each tutorial covers are transferrable between the different play styles on offer.

Essentially though, switching to a new scene is a case of running the Scene: Switch Action. You'll need to have all accessible scenes listed in Unity's Build Settings so that AC can find them.

When entering a new scene, the Player will look for a "PlayerStart" object that references the last scene he came from. This way, if a scene has multiple entry points, you can choose where he starts from each. If no suitable PlayerStart is found, he'll appear at the scene's default, as defined in the Scene Manager.

• @HauntedPumpkin , @ChrisIceBox , Thank you both for the quick replys. I will follow the instruction you gave me and get to grips with things before I go any further.
    Thanks again.