Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multiple Hotspots

Hi Chris.

I found a way to build a menu that uses AC's menu and Hotspots through some stage construction and independent models. However, I'm coming across two issues. No hotspots are able to be examined below a certain height on a camera, anything below the mid ring of the red sphere.

And I'm not able to get multiple box colliders for a single hotspot. I would like to have multiple hotspots for both earrings on the character. Not sure if this is possible in AC yet.

Thanks!

Comments

• No hotspots are able to be examined below a certain height on a camera, anything below the mid ring of the red sphere.

Hotspots are not designed to be used in Menus - I recommend relying on Buttons for UI interactivity. But Hotspot interactivity is based on raycasting - check that there's nothing on the Default layer blocking the mouse raycasts.

And I'm not able to get multiple box colliders for a single hotspot. I would like to have multiple hotspots for both earrings on the character. Not sure if this is possible in AC yet.

2D or 3D? Multiple colliders on a Hotspot should work just fine, though only one of them will be shown in the Scene window as a yellow gizmo.

• Thanks!

Spaced the boxes out so they cover both earrings.
    However, there doesn't appear to be anything blocking the hotspots raycasting.

Also, another issue I am facing is with expressions. I've set the expressions in the character's component and are calling them in dialogue. But they are not appearing. This is most likely because the characters faces are divided between two meshes. Is it possible to use expressions for two meshes? or would there need to be one selected mesh?

• Also, another issue I am facing is with expressions.

How is your character set up to change with expressions? Dialogue portrait / shapekey?

Please share more details with screenshots in a new thread.