Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scene setting reset upon scene switch - Could not initialise NavMesh

Hey Guys,

When i switch from one specific scene to another the scene settings in the loaded scene. This happens only when switching from that specific scene to a different scene. There is a warning message in the console:

Could not initialise NavMesh - was one set as the Default in the Settings Manager?

Error Message Screenshot

I looked in the forums for a similar issue and found only one thread but the user had not posted details beyond a point.
Link to the original post

Unity Version - 2019.2.9f1
Adventure Creator Version - 1.69.2

The Pathfinding method is set to Polygon Collider and their Nav Mesh set in the Scene Manager in both scenes . Despite the warning message navigation is not possible when you click on the Nav Mesh Area but clicking on a Hotspot which has a marker and walk to marker assigned makes the player move to the marker.

Comments

• I'm not clear from your wording - is the only issue to do with the NavMesh, or are other scene settings affected?

Does the player move around the NavMesh when walking to the Marker, or does he ignore it?

You say this occurs only when going from (let's say) Scene A to Scene B. So the issue is in Scene B? Does it occur if you go from i.e. Scene C to Scene B? How about if you go from Scene A to Scene C? Knowing these will help isolate the issue.

Is there anything different about the way the problematic scene is set up?

• The warning that appears in the console says its the NavMesh with the above message. But other settings are affected as well. The player can still move around the NavMesh only if you click on a hotspot. The player starts off from Scene A. The Issue occurs when going from from Scene A to Scene B and back to Scene A. The Problematic scene is Scene B here since i have tried going to different Scenes from Scene B and all of them have their scene data reset.

There is nothing different about the way it is set up. During the initial stages of the project i did not face this issue. The only additions to the Scene B is 2 Hotspots, one being a Container, and the other being an activity triggered by the Hotspot.

I have made a Video Capture of the bug but have hidden scene sprites, hotspots and other interactions due to the data being confidential.

In the Video I have Highlighted the NavMesh the player can move around, the Scene Settings and the Game Engine object in the scene. The player starts from Scene A (Home) goes to Scene B (Basement) and exits back to the Scene A (Home).

Link: Scene Data Reset Bug

I tried duplicating the scene and the issue still existed. Went ahead and created a new scene organizing it the AC Game Editor set up an Exit Hotspot to Scene A and that worked but the existing Scene B did not.

• Thanks for the details. The video shows the problem, but not much in the way of clues as to why this would occur.

I think the only way for me to get to the bottom of this would be for me to see it for myself. If you're able to create a .unitypackage of the two scenes, your 8 Manager asset files, and your Player prefab, PM it to me and I'll look into it.