Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with diary system tutorial

Hi! I followed the diary system tutorial, but the new menu that I've created loses settings of diary prefab (linked text and two linked buttons).

I've linked canvas prefab in menu.
Text and buttons of prefab have Constant ID, created in automatic when I've linked in menu.

I've tried with prefab instance and with prefab in scene, but every time (if I start game or change scene) the linked setting, for text and buttons, return to "none" state (only linked canvas prefab remains correctly set).

I'm not very expert with Unity, maybe I doing something wrong.

Unity 2019.2.15f1 (Mac)
AC 1.69.5
Build Settings iOS

Many thank for your help.

Comments

• You should link to Unity UI Prefab in general - Unity UI In Scene is really more for special-cases.

The linked UI fields in the Menu Manager will become cleared when the prefab is removed from the scene, so it's the Constant ID numbers that are used to keep the link. Are you getting "Constant ID" value boxes underneath these empty fields? These should match up with the values on the Constant ID components in the prefab.

Screenshots showing the issue - both the Menu Manager, and the UI components - will help to show the problem.

A tutorial on linking AC's Menu system to Unity UI can be found here.

• Hi @ChrisIceBox and many thanks for your support.

All links are linked from Unity UI Prefab in Assets and the Constant ID is the same of the menu.

In game I can view the diary with the first page, but if I click on buttons nothing appens and appear two messages in Console, that you can view in screenshot.

Here the screenshot with Menu, UI Prefab and Console:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/opcbtmzl3f6l8zl/Screenshots.png?dl=0

• You need to enter in the Journal's name into the shift left/right buttons.

• Now all works perfectly!
    Excuse me @ChrisIceBox I'm a beginner.
    I had missed that step in the tutorial.
    Thanks again for your great support. :)