Forum rules - please read before posting.

Glitch?

Hi all,
I am going through the Adventure Sample game once again. Keep in mind, I have downloaded the sample game, AC freshly several times as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the Unity Game Engine/editor.

Issue: The hotspots and capsule collider are not showing. I used the character wizard to create a new player and everytime the capsule collider does not show its green capsule. ALthough, in the inspector panel, its there. Just not the green capsule outlining around the player.

The player start does not show its green marker in the scene window. It shows in the game window but invisible in the scene window.

I know its not right. What should be done? Anyone knows why?

Thanks everyone for your input.

BTJH

Comments

• edited November 2019

By "Adventure Sample", you're referring to this tutorial?

The PlayerStart uses a regular Mesh Renderer to display the blue arrow, so if it's not showing up in the Scene window, but is in the Game window, that does sound a bit strange - though it may be a Unity issue, since those components themselves aren't specific to AC.

What Unity version are you using? Bear in mind that you should stick to official releases, not beta/alpha releases. The current official release is Unity 2019.2, though it may be best to stick to 2017 since that's also what the tutorial uses.

Does the Capsule Collider have a size set for it? Let's see some screenshots of the Player's full Inspector, as well as how it appears in the Scene window.

Please also elaborate on the Hotspots issue. Screenshots to demonstrate will help to understand this problem as well.

• Hi Chris, yes. I am referring to the tutorial.

In fact, the hotspot is now showing if I create one from scratch. It is also showing in the game screen too. See screenshot. The actual hotspots and its action scripts are not really showing up in the package when I download it directly from the asset store (the adventure creator sample game). However, in the AC demo game, everything seems to be working. Just the inventory is missing (sword select to lift the canvas).

https://www.flickr.com/gp/185746312@N07/6a0N7k

Unity version is: 2017.4.34f1

BTJH

• Hey Chris, please ignore the hotspot issue. Learned that, if the hotspot is behind any items, it will not come up. You need to have it "protruding" or positioned in front of other items to make it work. So, no glitch here.

Just the capsule collider and the markers aren't showing still.

BTJH

• The display of the Capsule Collider componet in the Scene window is handled by Unity. Check to see if the "Capsule Collider" entry in the Gizmos list (top-right of the Scene window) is enabled.

The actual hotspots and its action scripts are not really showing up in the package when I download it directly from the asset store (the adventure creator sample game).

The one provided by Unity? This isn't an AC project, so there aren't any ActionLists etc included. The tutorial covers how to convert it into an AC game.