Forum rules - please read before posting.

UNITY 2019.2 Lightweight Render Pipeline

Hi, does AC support the Lightweight Render Pipeline 2D Lights from the UNITY 2019.2 Update?
That would be awesome.
I tried it but it seems not to work.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @schmidalov.

AC relies on Unity's own rendering systems for anything visual.

What's the issue, exactly? I don't know what the requirements are for getting a sprite to be lit by 2D lights, but I shouldn't think AC would be a contributing factor, here.

I would recommend getting things working the way you want without AC (just test sprites in a test scene), to find out what's necessary to get things to work. We can then see what might need to be done when AC gets involved.

• wow. thanks for the very quick reply.
    you are right, if i set up a scene with lights first and then convert it to a AC project (via AC game wizard) it seems to work.

only when we try to change the settings in our already finished and existing AC scenes to the lightweight pipeline we just get a pink screen.

i will play around with it and if i can´t find a solution i will come back :)
    thank.
    very powerfool tool you created by the way!!!

• It also seems that the post processing effects from unity (bloom, colorgrading, grain...) are also not working when trying to set it up for existing AC scenes.

I added the Post Process Layer script on the Maincam like i do it in the projects without AC but it doesn´t work.

Then i tried to set up a new scene with adding this script "before" i convert to AC game wizard) and then it works.

As we have set up so many scenes already it would be very cool if you would have a solution for us anyhow?

thank you very much so far!

• You mention "converting" a scene with the AC game wizard. Be sure to only use the actual "New Game Wizard" feature once per-project.

Using the New Game Wizard creates a set of Managers that your game will use. These should be shared by all scenes in your game, so you won't want to go through this process for each scene. To convert a scene into an "AC" one, you just need to use the Scene Manager's "Organise scene objects" feature.

As with 2D lights, there shouldn't be any issue stopping from using Post-processing in your AC scene. Just be aware that only the AC MainCamera (the one with the "Main Camera" component attached to it) is the one that needs these - as it's the only one that does any rendering. Any other Cameras like GameCamera are only used for camera placement (similar to virtual cameras in Cinemachine).

Without seeing the actual scenario, though, I can only speak generally. If you can share some images that show how you're using your cameras / PostProcess components, and what actually happens at runtime, I can try to see what's wrong.

• ah, that makes sense. i will try it out this week and if we are stuck i will be back again with images and other stuff. thanks for the very great support!!!!!