Forum rules - please read before posting.

Running action list when pressing a button

edited November 2019 in Technical Q&A

hey,

I have created a new Menu from where I can successfully start an Actionlist by pressing "f" on keyboard (AppearType: on input key). When pressing "f" once the camera switches from 3rd person to 1st person and some other minor actions are running. Pressing "f" again switches back to 3rd Person. It works fine so far!

But when I press "f" very fast one after another it seems the Action-list will be interrupted by the second actionlist ("f" once enables / "f" twice disables) and weird things starts to happen.

Is there a way to to "disable" this menu until the first actionlist has finished? I tryed to use the action "Menu --> Change state" in the beginning of both actionlists but then the entire actionlist seem not to work for some reason.

I basically want to prevent the user pressing "f" twice in short time by disabling the menu temporarily until the cutscene has finished.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• I'm not entirely sure how your Menu relates to the ActionList. Is the ActionList set to the Menu's "ActionList when turn on" field?

If you've created the Menu for the express purpose of making the "f" run an ActionList, there's no need to - you can rely on an "Active Input" for that.

See the Manual chapter of the same name. Active Inputs can be made to run ActionList assets upon keypresses, and they can also be toggled with the Input: Toggle active Action.

You could, therefore, create a new Active Input that gets disabled while the ActionList is running, and then gets re-enabled at the end so that it can be re-un afterwards.