Forum rules - please read before posting.

QTE with several cameras and unity UI prefab in scene

Hi,
I am not sure how to aproach this -
I have QTE event.
My QTE source is unity UI in scene. I have second camera just for UI rendering attached to my Main cam. For ui element I have ID with retain in prefab - so if I put first UI canvas prefab in scene everything works as it has same ID as prefab.

But what I need is to change position of this one prefab so its always positioned as it should be relative to active camera ( i am switching camera during this scene several times ) and other objects in the scene.

Now, I only can have one UI canvas prefab in my scene - because if I duplicate it, it loose its ID and is no longer linked to my AC menu.

I was thinking maybe I could create empty objects and teleport my UI prefab with object/set parent?

Maybe there is better way to do this?

Thanks for any tips!

Comments

• A "Unity UI In Scene" menu can only have one associated Canvas per-scene. If you want to change it's position, you'll have to move the Canvas.

Yes, teleporting the Canvas itself would be a viable option - but you could also try parenting it to the camera itself.

• Thanks Chris!