Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Wishlist] Add a "Favorites" toolbar in the ActionList Editor

Hi there,

this is the last one for today, I promise :)

I was thinking that most of the time I spend in the Actionlist Editor is to pick the right action from the submenu.

What about using this space on the bottom (but, on the left), to just drag&drop, in or out, a certain type of Action?

It doesn't have to be true instantiated object, just a reference to the same selection we could do from the menu (eg: "Object/Teleport") but, since we can customise it, it would greatly reduce the overhead time to create a new action, by just dragging our top 5 (9?) actions to the working space, and instantiating it.

An extension of that would be having a similar concept, but applied to a multi-slot clipboard.
Instead of the current implementation of the copy/paste, you drag the action you want to be copied in that space, and it saves a snapshot of that action.

Usage scenario: you have a dialogue between two persons, and each speech action is customised in some way or another. Some may even use parameters, so you don't have to pick them each and every time from the selector.

So you'd have a slot holding a template for the player talking, another for an NPC, and other 2 for positioning some cameras you may be using for the cutscene. Maybe referencing a GameObject parameter.

Just some brainstorming :)

Comments