Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sprite visibility state

edited November 2019 in Technical Q&A

Hi, I've some problems with saving the sprite visibility state.

1. I've run the 2D Demo from AC "Getting started".
  2. I've add Park scene in "Build Settings" (Platform iOS).
  3. I've saved at the start, after introduction.
  4. I've taked the worm and I've saved again, in a "New save" (the two saves are separate).

If I load the first save the worm is invisible.

Adventure Creator version 1.69.4.
Unity version 2019.2.11f1 (Mac).

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Antonio.

Are there any other ill-effects related to loading the save file? The worm's visibility, and the interactivity of his Hotspot, are separate - are you able to hover over the same area and interact with him, despite his invisibility?

Some issues related to saving on iOS have been addressed and submitted to the Asset Store in the form of v1.69.5 - though this has yet to be approved. In the meantime, try switching over to the Json format by checking Save in Json format? (Experimental) at the top of the Settings Manager.

• Thank you very much @ChrisIceBox for your welcome and for your help. :)

No, after loading the first save file I can't interact with him, I can't see neither the worm nor the hotspot.
    But I can see and interact with all the other elements of the scene.
    If I load the second save file I can see the worm in inventory.

I've noticed, though, that if I exit the game and start again, the old first save file also works correctly.
    I load the first save file and I can see again the worm on the ground and interact with it.
    But if I collect the worm and try to reload again the same save file, the worm returns invisible.

Thank you so much for your support, I will wait for the update. :)

• Did you try checking the Json save format option? I can't conclude that this is a reproduction of the same issue otherwise.

• Excuse me @ChrisIceBox .
    Ok, it works, with "Save in Json format? (Experimental)" checked, all work perfectly.
    I can save and load in game without problems.
    Thanks again. :)