Forum rules - please read before posting.

DoozyUI integration nodes (DUI nodes to AC actions, AC nodes to DUI nodes)

Hi there!

I was trying to create some cross-compatibility between AC and the pretty renown DoozyUI asset to create more schematic UI layouts and UI Views (as they call them).

Are there some community created action/nodes/interactions to mix/match with doozyUI, which also has its own node system?

Creating AC Actions is a bit simpler than creating DoozyUI ones (as they require 3 classes for each: node logic, node UI/custom Editor, and inspector custom Editor).

Has anyone ever needed such bridge?

What solution did you use?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi @NeatWolf

Please forgive my thread necromancy.

I too have started looking into this as part of my POC. Creating custom nodes for DoozyUI does indeed look like an overly complex effort. What I have been playing with is using Game Events to communicate with the Nody graph and code, it seems to work quite well for the most part. They also have a Game Event Listener component, which allows you to wire up Game Events to function calls using the standard Unity inspector function picker thing.

So to this end, I think it would be really easy to either code your own Doozy game event listener or add a Game Event Listener component, then call an AC action list to trigger AC events. DoozyUI -> AC.

For the reverse, e.g. AC -> DoozyUI I intend on creating a custom AC action that fires a DoozyUI Game Event. The Nody graph will then just add portal nodes to listen for these events.

My initial tests seem to suggest this is the easiest method of integrating the two.

Have you managed to make any progress in the year since this thread was started?