Forum rules - please read before posting.

SendMessage ... has no receiver! - problem

Hi
After upgrading to latest AC 1.69.2

all Action directed to prefabs have this log:

SendMessage RunLaptop has no receiver!
UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String)
AC.ActionSendMessage:Run() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionSendMessage.cs:98)
AC.d__33:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:370)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:320)
AC.ActionList:BeginActionList(Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:288)
AC.ActionList:Interact(Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:192)
AC.ActionList:Interact() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:155)
AC.d__31:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1423)

in prefab there is:

It worked flawless before update

now all Action linked to prefabs of any kind shows this log.

Linking action again to prefab helps but i have milion of Actions so it would be nightmare to aid it manually

Comments

• edited October 2019
    • What version were you previously using?
    • If you click on the error message, does the correct "HUDCanvas" object get selected in the Editor?
    • Is the Action in an asset file, or scene-based?
    • Is an instance of the prefab present in the scene?
    • What is "RunLaptop"? A function on a custom script attached to the prefab?
    • Is there any visual difference with the Action's UI between those that don't work, and those that do?
    • What version were you previously using?
      from 1.68.4

• If you click on the error message, does the correct "HUDCanvas" object get selected in the Editor?
      yes

• Is the Action in an asset file, or scene-based?
      asset

• Is an instance of the prefab present in the scene?
      at runtime yes

• What is "RunLaptop"? A function on a custom script attached to the prefab?
      yes, it is a function of script attached to the prefab

• Is there any visual difference with the Action's UI between those that don't work, and those that do?
      i didnt notice

• I will mention that i have backup of project before update, so if you come to some solution to upgrade, not to fix after update, you are welcome

• I've attempted a recreation as best I can from the details, but cannot get such a problem to occur.

I'll need you to send me some files to test with. Not your whole project, this should be enough:

• The RunLaptop script
    • The prefab with the script
    • The ActionList asset that sends the message
    • A new, test scene that spawns the prefab and runs the ActionList asset, causing the issue

PM me those in a .unitypackage file, let me know what version of Unity it's from, and I'll take a look.