Forum rules - please read before posting.

Saving issues

Hi Chris,

I am making a game demo with few of scenes. Is it OK to consider the saving issues at the final stage of game develpment? As I have looked tutorial video saying that we do not need to add memorize components on indiviual objects. It can be done easily when all the scenes are built.
As more objects are added and I start to worry I have to move back checking every objects. Please advise, thanks a lot.

Comments

• Adding save components to objects can be done as a final stage if you wish, though I prefer to add them as I go. Either way, you can have AC search your game and add what is considers are necessary components by clicking the "Auto-add save components to GameObjects" button near the top of the Settings Manager.

Backing up first is recommended, and while AC will do its best to add all such components, it may not be 100% if you're doing something tricky or in need of custom save components. I recommend reading the Manual's "Saving scene objects" chapter thoroughly so that - if there are any saving issues afterwards - you understand the process by which Remember scripts are used.