Forum rules - please read before posting.

Make the character follow more than one sorting map 2D

edited October 2019 in Technical Q&A

Hello everyone.

According to the tutorial, to make the character go in front and behind a 2D sprite, I need the default sorting map.
It works all fine, but now I need the character to follow more than one sorting map, one for every object on the scene.

I created more sorting maps through AC Game Editor, but the character is not responding to them. He just follow the default sorting map.

How can I make him to follow more than one Sorting Map?
Is there something that i'm missing?

Comments

• SOLVED:

Ok, I had all the sorting maps set in the right way, but I left empty the default sorting map field.
    When I filled it with one of the maps, it all worked

• Unless you have very specific requirements for the way your scene is set up, it shouldn't be necessary to create multiple sorting maps - certainly not one for each object.

A single Sorting Map can be used to modify a character sprite's "order in layer" value multiple times as he moves behind/in front of multiple objects. Just add a new Area to your existing Sorting Map, and you can define a new region for the sprite. Stationary objects themselves do not need to follow a Sorting Map.

If you'd like to share images showing the way your scene is laid out, I can advise further on the Sorting Map can be configured.