Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sprites Unity - head anim states running but head animations not playing

(I'm on v1.69.0)

I'm trying to follow p121 of the AdvCreat manual, having separate head animations in Sprites Unity (not Complex). I think I did everything right, and the head animation states are running and the states have "motion"s set to the animations, but the head animations themselves are not playing. (currently I only have idle_U and idle_D but both run)

"Head on separate layer?" is checked; head animations are on Layer 1 (vs Layer 0 of the body); the head sprite is a child of the body sprite.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• edited September 2019

Do you mean that the live Animator window is showing that the correct animation is playing, only for it to have no effect?

I can't share much specific advice without seeing screens of your actual setup, but make sure that you've given the sub-layer a Weight value of 1 so that it has an effect.

Be aware that some examples of 2D head-turning are available in the Downloads section - it may be worth picking them apart to compare the difference.

• Oh yup, I didn't know much about sub-layers so the Weight was at 0 and changing it to 1 worked. Thank!