Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Feature Request] Hotspot "Exclude from Camera" field

Hi there!
It would be useful to also have the opposite counterpart of the "Limit to Camera".

I have several situations where, after zooming on a detail, I don't want other hotspots nearby to be available, and activating/deactivating them via script is cumbersome and takes away too much time.

It works as per description: the hotspot is NOT available if current camera is the one listed.

[Extra] have a List<_Camera> instead of a single field.

Probably also having a script similar to Limit Visibility with the ability to negate it, could work.
Or, extending the limit visibility to also work in this way, using a list.
(is it already like that? I have some severe lack of sleep)

Comments

• edited September 2019

The ability to limit a Hotspot to multiple cameras is available as a wiki script.

I have added an option to negate the effect.

• Glad to see that for once my request wasn't a corner case scenario :)
    Thanks for adding the feature!

Yet, that only works for hotspots (sure, that was the topic - yet!), would it be possible to add such extra to the Limit Visibility to Camera script as well? :)

• Yes, I'll look into a negation feature for that.

• Thanks! I know it's just a detail, but again, since most classes are a bit "sealed" with few protected and virtual members, I'm trying to avoid code duplication by copy-pasting an exact copy of an AC class if there's another possible way around :)

A "bigger scope" request would be a "little" global refactoring by exposing members, making them overridable, or making private fields as protected.

That's a lot of work, I know. And, you also said you're working on the next major release (if I remember it right), so, fingers crossed :)