Forum rules - please read before posting.

Null refs thrown, new to me.

These are now spamming my console on AC1.69 / Unity 2019.2.4. Let me copy the stack traces:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.Player.IsTilting () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:430)
AC.UltimateFPSIntegration.GetTiltAngle () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UltimateFPSIntegration.cs:260)
AC.UltimateFPSIntegration.OverrideMovement () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UltimateFPSIntegration.cs:250)
AC.UltimateFPSIntegration.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UltimateFPSIntegration.cs:191)

No Interaction object found!
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object, Object)
AC.ACDebug:Log(Object, Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:16)
AC.Conversation:RunOption(ButtonDialog) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Conversation.cs:167)
AC.d__17:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Conversation.cs:264)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Comments

• edited September 2019

When exactly do these messages show, and what versions of AC/Unity were you previously using?

In Player.cs, find lines 430 and 441, and replace "FirstPersonCamera" with "firstPersonCamera" (lower-case 'f'). Does that resolve the issue?

No Interaction object found!

This is a warning being reported by AC when a Conversation has no ActionList associated with a Conversation's dialogue option. I'll expand the message with details of exactly which Conversation is affected, but is this indeed the case with your Conversation(s)? It should not show if you are overriding dialogue options within the Dialogue: Start conversation Action.

• These messages show at all times after I come back from Playmode. They don't show until I enter Playmode for the first time in any session. Used 1.68.3 and U2019.1 previously, and I did get these messages, but they didn't seem this conspicuous.

• Please try the code suggestions, and share details about your Conversation(s) as above - I'll need to know how they go to before I can help further.

• edited September 2019

In Player.cs, find lines 430 and 441, and replace "FirstPersonCamera" with "firstPersonCamera" (lower-case 'f'). Does that resolve the issue?

Sorry for the delay, Chris. So I see you've replaced the 'f' letters yourself in the update, thanks.
    But now I'm being spammed by UFPS type null refs.
    (The AC integration is the only reason I'm using UFPS in the project. It's legacy 1.75 and I don't plan to upgrade to UFPS 2.0)

https://imgur.com/j1c9geO

vp_FPCamera.AddRollForce (System.Single force) (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/Local/vp_FPCamera.cs:593)
    vp_FPCamera.UpdateSwaying () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/Local/vp_FPCamera.cs:799)
    vp_FPCamera.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/Local/vp_FPCamera.cs:378)

The Conversation issue seems resolved by now.

• There's no reference to AC in those errors - it's all on the UFPS side. You'll have to contact UFPS's developer of forum for support on those.

• I don't know for sure, but I'd guess UFPS version 1 is not supported in U2019. I looked at their last release notes, in which it states: "Added support for Unity 2018.3." So you may have to use an older version of Unity if you absolutely need to to use UFPS 1.

• Deckard_89: nope, the errors came pouring in once I've updated AC, not Unity.
    So it's the AC--UFPS integration that did break down between releases.
    Legacy UFPS is of course deprecated, so this was to be expected eventually. :/

• Do the errors go away if you remove the integration script?

• Now the errors stopped showing, even after coming back from Playmode, even with integration script on. Bummered. In a positive sense I guess.