Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trigger setting

Hello, I would like have a setting when the player walk near a hotspot, the hotspot is enable. If the player walk far away from the hotspot, the hotspot is disable.
I am doing like this. I put the hotspot and two triggers overlap together. 1 trigger is for enter checking, 1 trigger is for exit checking. I made all the hotspot and trigger same volume and position. The result is sometimes work, sometimes when I leave the trigger and enter again, the hotspot is not enable again.
Is this the right method to do so, any suggestion?

Comments

• Have you tried using a hotspot "interactive boundry" box? This only allows the hotspot to be active when you are in a specified area. You can create one from the inspector of any hotspot you have.

• Yes, the "Interactive boundary" object (available in the Scene Manager) is the way to go if you're dealing with a specific Hotspot, and want control over exactly where the player must be in order for it to be interactive.

If you want this to be the case for all Hotspots, however, and only need the player to be within a certain distance from the Hotspot, consider using the "Player Vicinity" method of Hotspot Detection.

See the Manual's "Player-vicinity detection" chapter for more details.

• Oh I didn’t know about that! Does the boundary override the vicinity field if I need more precise control?
  • It would be a combination of both, rather than an override.