Forum rules - please read before posting.

request: Passing a character as a parameter

edited September 2019 in Technical Q&A

Hello! It's Dave again with another technical request/question.

So I'm creating a actionList prefab called "FaceEachOther", which does exactly what it sounds like. It takes a character as a parameter (called "OtherCharacter"), and makes that character and the player face each other. It works perfectly, except for one minor detail. I also want the characters' HEADS to look at each other. Usually if I put a character in the "object to face" field, an additional option comes up to "look at the character's head". But since I am using parameters and passing the character as an undefined gameobject, AC doesn't register it as a "character" and thus doesn't give me the option.

Example here:
https://imgur.com/a/NDDCwaj

Is it possible to make a "character" one of the parameters you can pass, so I can pass a character AS a character?

Comments

• No, but the field's value will still be respected even if a parameter is used here.

Unset the parameter, check Look at character's head?, and then re-assign the parameter.

• edited September 2019

I unset the parameter, but the "look at character's head" does not appear unless there is an actual character assigned. I tried assigning a random character to the field, then checking "look at character's head", then re-assigning the parameter. But then "look at character's head" option disappeared again.

Do you mean that the "look at character's head" option will still be respected even if it's not visible, as long as it was checked beforehand?

• Gotcha. I will give it a whirl. Thanks!